GR Label's Quality ControlThe excellence of our products and services are Grand Rapids Label's highest priority. This is true from the start of each project through delivery and usage by our customers. Sophisticated programs and cutting-edge technology like our high-speed digital vision systems enable us to provide exceptional quality in everything we do.
We uphold Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements, and maintain inspections and certifications for all appropriate industries, including IATF certification for automotive label production, and American Institute of Baking (AIB) certifications. See below for additional certifications and related information.
State-of-the-Art Custom Solutions for the Label Industry
Nothing contributes more to the quality of our products and services than our skilled, dedicated people. Highly qualified, trained and knowledgeable, our staff has comprehensive experience across a wide range of industries, including:
- Automotive: underhood, drivetrain, interior, etc.
- Batteries: truck, auto, agriculture, sport, RV, etc.
- Health & Beauty: wipes packaging, pouch closures, etc.
- Packaging: household, industrial, barcoding, etc.
- Food & Beverage
- and more
Technologically Advanced Procedures & Systems
We have developed and implemented stringent procedures and systems to enhance quality control, with annually conducted, first-, second- and third-party audits to ensure their accuracy and appropriate use.
Among these is an electronic, "first in, first out" system that assures product shelf life by releasing older components from controlled storage locations first. This provides complete traceability for every roll, both forward (lots shipped to customers) and backward (materials received from suppliers). Our Corrective And Preventive Action (CAPA) program ensures investigation of assignable causes for any product or process issues, whether internal or external, and that suitable countermeasures are implemented.
Inspection Equipment for Labels
Integral to our ongoing product quality, defect prevention, and defect detection processes, Grand Rapids Label utilizes state-of-the-art inspection equipment in addition to the standard array of line side inspection tools. Our inspection equipment includes:
- Bar code grading system: LVS 9510 camera
- 100% inspection equipment: LVS 7000 camera system
- 100% inspection equipment: AVT vision system
- Adhesive coat weight sensor: Process Sensor Corp.
- Color control: X-Rite Exact and X-Rite colorimeters
- Moisture control: Process Sensor Corp.
- Missing label sensor: Process Sensor Corp.
Quality Certifications & Awards
- ISO 14001
- AIB (American Institute of Baking) "Superior" Certification
- TLMI (Tag & Label Manufacturer's Institute) Project L.I.F.E. Certification
Contact Us for Quality Labels You Can Count On
Grand Rapids Label is the custom label provider you can count on for high quality solutions that will stand up to your toughest challenges. Request a quote on your label project or contact us for more information.
Solutions and Systems